Graduate Research Opportunities for Women
What is GROW?
Graduate Research Opportunities for Women (GROW) is a conference for women-identified students interested in graduate school in the mathematical sciences.
When and where is GROW 2017?
GROW 2016 Conference: October 13-15, 2017 – Northwestern University, Evanston Campus
Participants arrive Friday evening and depart Sunday afternoon. Formal activities begin Saturday morning. Stay tuned for more information and the Schedule of Events.
What does GROW 2017 cost?
We will reimburse travel expenses and accommodation for all participants; meals will be provided.
- Research Lectures by Benjamin Antieau, Rosemary Braun, and Sarah Koch
- Banquet Dinner with a Keynote Speaker Ingrid Daubechies, Duke University
- Panel Discussions on mathematical sciences: Getting into Graduate School; Careers in Academia; Research in Mathematics
- Networking Opportunities
- Help with preparing applications for graduate school, REU’s, and Semester Long Programs
- Opportunities for mentoring by graduate students and faculty
- Meet previous GROW participants and hear about their experiences
- Stay tuned for more information and the Schedule of Events with a full list of discussions and panelists
Who can apply?
- Are you currently an undergraduate woman (cis-gendered, transgendered, or woman-identified) or nonbinary individual?
- Will you be an undergraduate in academic year 2017-2018?
- Are you thinking about graduate school in mathematics?
- Do you want to know more about graduate school in mathematics?
- Do you want advice on preparing yourself for graduate school?
- Do you want to know more about mathematical careers in academia?
GROW applicants are reviewed starting on June 1, 2017. Admissions are made on a rolling basis, and any file complete by September 1, 2017 will receive full consideration.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.