Undergraduate Program: Summer Research and Internships in Math
There are quite a few mathematics or science-related research programs available to undergraduates in the summer. Such programs usually provide a stipend as well as room and board. The list below contains specific programs we've been informed about, as well as links to other, more comprehensive lists. Of particular note are the NSF-sponsored Research Experience for Undergraduate programs. If you find links below that are out of date, we'd appreciate your letting us know.
Printed announcements about such programs are posted on the Undergraduate Bulletin Board in Lunt on the landing between the first and second floors; be sure you look there also.
- Links to Research Experience for Undergraduates Summer Programs. See also the NSF's version.
- MAA Summer and Internship Information
- MAA Research Information
- The American Math Society maintains a list of websites with internship & co-op opportunities for undergraduates.
- Student comments on some REU programs.
- You can design a summer research project with a math professor and receive funding from a Northwestern Undergraduate Research Grant or from a WCAS Undergraduate Research Grant.
- Carleton College Summer Mathematics Program for Women