Advising & Tutoring
You are likely to find answers to many of your general questions on this website. Most undergraduate advising in Mathematics is handled by the Director of Undergraduate Studies, Professor Michael R. Stein, the Director of Calculus, and the Director of MENU, Professor Santiago Canez.
|Permission numbers for math courses; forms for declaring math majors/minors; appointments with DUS||Math office staff||Lunt 201||M-F
8:30 am - 5 pm
|Calculus placement; advice on 100- and 200- level courses||Director of Calculus||Lunt 204||by appointment||(847) 491-3299
|MENU program||Santiago Canez, Director of MENU||Lunt B27||by appointment||(847) 491-3299
|Advising for math majors/minors; declaring a math major/minor; petitions to graduate; study abroad; taking math courses away from NU; math career and graduate school information||Michael R. Stein, Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS)||Lunt 228||by appointment||(847) 491-3299
|Graduation petition forms for majors and minors||Online forms from Registrar|
|Credit for college courses taken while in high school; academic advice unrelated to your major||WCAS Office of Undergraduate Studies and Advising (for non-WCAS students: the equivalent school office)||1902 Sheridan Road||M-F
8:30 am - 5 pm
* Online information and forms about the Application to Graduate
Calculus, Chemistry and Physics Undergraduate Tutoring Rooms
The room is open to all calculus, chemistry and physics students looking for a constructive and helpful environment in which to work on math, chem and physics problems. It is staffed by experienced undergraduate peer tutors for students needing help in the following courses:
Math 212, 213, 214, 220, 224, 230, 234, 240, and 250
Chem 101, 102, 103, 171, and 172
Physics 130, and 135
- Tech HG04: All evenings Sunday through Wednesday 8-10pm for Chemistry, Math and Physics
- Allison 1021: Sundays and Wednesdays 8-10pm for Chemistry, Math and Physics
- Shepard B25: Sunday afternoons, 3-5pm through March 12.
- New this quarter: Students can sign up for a 25-minute 1-to-1 session with a math or econ leader while at PLUS. This feature is first-come, first-served, students can sign up when they arrive.
Math Exam Review Study Tables:
Elder Dining Hall*
Winter 2017 Math Exam Review Tables are open to all students enrolled in Math courses 212, 213, 220, 224 ,230, 234, and 290-2
- Sunday, January 29: 11:00am-1:00pm
- Sunday, February 26: 11:00am-1:00pm
- Sunday, March 12: 11:00am-1:00pm
*enter via Colfax doors.