Poster of 2012 Women in Math Program at IAS, Princeton
I am primarily interested in the topology and geometry of high dimensional contact and symplectic manifolds and their interactions with several theories such as symplectic field theory and mapping class group theory.
Publications & preprints:
- Symplectic mapping class group relations generalizing the chain relation
(Joint w/ R. Avdek), Internat. J. Math. 27 (2016), no. 12, 27 pages, arXiv:1412.3789
- The Weinstein conjecture for iterated planar contact structures
- Relations in symplectomorphism groups from the geometry of Lefschetz pencils,
in preparation. (Joint with R. Avdek)
- High dimensional symplectic cobordisms and open books, in preparation.
(Joint w/ J. Etnyre and B. Ozbagci)
Awards & Honors in Research:
- Edward and Dolores Blum Research Prize, University of Southern California, 2016
- Summer Fellowship, University of Southern California, 2011-2016
- Association for Women in Mathematics Travel Grant, 2016
- USC Women in Science and Engineering Travel Grant, 2016
- AMS Graduate Student Travel Grant, 2016
Atilim Geometry Topology Workshop, 2015
- Tech Topology Conference, Lightning Talks Session, December 2017, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
- Berkeley Topology Seminar, November 15, 2017, UC Berkeley, CA
- Invited Paper Session on Low Dimensional Symplectic and Contact Topology, MAA MathFest, July 28, 2017, Hilton Chicago
- Kylerec 2017, Symplectic Fillings of Contact Manifolds Workshop, May 2017, Truckee, CA
Special Session on Symplectic Geometry, Moment Maps and Morse Theory II
Special Session on Women in Topology
- Topology Students Workshop, June 2016, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
- The 9th Annual Symposium for Women in Mathematics in Southern California, November 2015, Pomona College, CA
- Senior Math and Physics Colloquium, September 2015, California State University Channel Islands, Camarillo, CA
- IMBM Geometry Topology Workshop, June 2015, Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Geometry Seminar, June 2015, Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Geometry and Topology Seminar, June 2015, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
- Atılım Geometry Topology Workshop, May 2015, Atılım University, Ankara, Turkey
- AMS Spring Western Sectional Meeting, Special Session on Contact Geometry, April 2015, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV
In Fall 2014, I organized the Graduate Joint LA Geometry and Topology
Seminar which gathers graduate students studying geometry and topology
at Caltech, UCLA and USC.
In Fall 2013 and Spring 2014, I was the organizer of Graduate Geometry
Topology Seminar at USC.
Seminar Talks at UCLA
Seminar Talks at USC
- Symplectic Camel Problem, Graduate Geometry and Topology Seminar, Spring 2017
- A geometer's attempt to study the topology of manifolds: Open book decompositions, Graduate Topology Seminar, Spring 2016
- Introduction to Moduli Spaces of J-holomorphic Curves Part I, Graduate Geometry Topology Seminar, Fall 2015
- Introduction to Moduli Spaces of J-holomorphic Curves Part II, Graduate Geometry Topology Seminar, Fall, 2015
- Giroux Correspondence, Ph.D. Candidacy Oral Exam, Fall 2013
- Existence and Uniqueness of Stiefel-Whitney Classes, Topology Working Seminar, Spring 2013
Notes and Slides:
- Here you can find slides of my AMS talk on symplectic mapping class group relations.
- I will soon post some notes on contact and symplectic geometry.