Bellow Lecture Series
In 2012, Alexandra Bellow decided to make a gift to Northwestern University, specifically to the Math Department. This gift was used to endow the annual lecture series which became known as the Alexandra Bellow Distinguished Lecture Series in Mathematics, or simply the Bellow Lecture Series. Each year a world-class mathematician is invited to come to Northwestern and lecture. Bellow's hope is that world-class women mathematicians will also be represented among the speakers, so as not only to enhance the position of mathematics at Northwestern but also to raise visibility of women in the field.
2022-2023 ALEXANDRA BELLOW LECTURE SERIES
Northwestern University's Mathematics Department hosted the 2022-2023 Bellow Lecture Series Oct 19-21, 2022, with Prof. Svetlana Jitomirskaya (UC Irvine) as the featured speaker.
Previous Bellow Lectures
- 2022-2023 Svetlana Jitomirskaya (UC Irvine)
- 2021-2022 Ian Agol (UC Berkeley)
- 2018-2019 Sylvia Serfaty (New York University)
- 2017-2018 Maciej Zworski (UC Berkeley)
- 2016-2017 Jacob Lurie (Harvard University)
- 2015-2016 Nalini Anantharaman (Universite de Strasbourg)
- 2014-2015 Ben Green (University of Oxford)
- 2013-2014 Artur Avila (Paris VI, IMPA)
- 2012-2013 Alice Guionnet (MIT)
To view our current seminar and lecture calendar, click hereBack to top