- The Mathematics Department at Northwestern University has been running Emphasis Years for more than 40 years. The Emphasis Year 2018-19 will be devoted to Non-Commutative Geometry.
Midwest Probability Colloquium
- The Midwest Probability Colloquium has been an annual event for several decades. It brings together a wide-breadth of knowledge in the field of probability.
Midwest Dynamical Ssystems Conference
- The Midwest Dynamical Systems Conference is one of the most influential, diverse, and longest running conference series in dynamical systems. This conference series has met uninterruptedly since the early 1970s, and it has received continuous support from the National Science Foundation since 1988.
Midwest Topology Seminar
- Originating in the desire of topologists in the Chicago area to meet to discuss recent developments, The Midwest Topology Seminar grew into a meeting of algebraic and geometric topologists from the entire upper Midwest and Great Lakes regions of the United States and Canada. It typically features speakers drawn from both the local and international communities and speakers at all stages of their careers.
GROW (Graduate Research Opportunities for Women) Conference
- Graduate Research Opportunities for Women (GROW) is a conference for women-identified students interested in graduate school in the mathematical sciences.
Chicago Action Now!
Back to top
- Northwestern will host the next Chicago Action Now! conference, a dynamics conference held three times per year that rotates between Northwestern University, the University of Chicago, and the University of Illinois at Chicago.