Putnam Training and Resources Fall 2018THURSDAYS 6pm-7pm - ROOM LUNT 104
Training Sessions Will Be Announced Fall 2018
- Easy Putnam Problems, the "easiest" problems from each competition for the last few years (easy = solved by more contestants).
- Putnam Training Problems, ever-growing document with some problems discussed during current or past training sessions.
- AoPS Putnam Forum, discussions and solution of problems that have appeared in the Putnam Competition. Typically answers are posted and discussed here shortly after each examination.
- Herbert S. Wilf: Generatingfunctionology, beautiful and very comprehensive work on generating functions.
- Previous Selection and Training Tests
- Announcements about the Putnam Competition for undergraduates
- NU Problem Solving Group
Collections of Problems
- Paul Zeitz: The Art and Craft of Problem Solving, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1999. (Mathematical problem solving for college-level novices.)
- Arthur Engel: Problem-Solving Strategies, Springer, 1998. (A unique collection of competition problems from over twenty major national and international mathematical competitions for high school students.)
- Further bibliography on Math problem solving