The Mathematics Major
The mathematics major through the School of Professional Studies leads to a BPhil or BSGS degree.
Required major courses:
- MATH 220-1 Single-Variable Differential Calculus
- MATH 220-2 Single-Variable Integral Calculus
- MATH 226-0 Sequence and Series
- MATH 230-1 Multivariable Differential Calculus
- MATH 230-2 Multivariable Integral Calculus
- MATH 240-0 Linear Algebra
- 7 mathematics courses chosen from MATH 250-0 and mathematics courses numbered 300-0 and above
Major requirements and old calculus courses:
- MATH 220-0 fulfills the requirement for MATH 220-1.
- MATH 224-0 fulfills the requirement for MATH 220-2 and MATH 226-0.
- MATH 230-0 fulfills the requirement for MATH 230-1.
- MATH 234-0 fulfills the requirement for MATH 230-2.Transition to new calculus courses:
- MATH 220-0, 224-0, and 230-0 will not be offered after Summer 2019.
- MATH 234-0 will not be offered after Fall 2019.
- MATH 220-1, 220-2, 226-0, 230-1, and 230-2 will first be offered in 2019–2020.
Recently offered upper-level courses:
- MATH 250-0 Elementary Differential Equations
- MATH 310-1 Probability & Stochastic Processes
- MATH 320-1 Real Analysis
- MATH 325-1 Complex Analysis
- MATH 330-1 Abstract Algebra
- MATH 336-1 Introduction to the Theory of Numbers
- MATH 340-0 Geometry
- MATH 366-1 Mathematical Methods of Finance
Back to top