- Emphasis Year in Probability Theory 2015-16
- Summer School in Probability Theory July 11-22, 2016
- Workshop on percolation, spin glasses and random media May 27-29, 2016
- Bellow Lecture Series November 30-December 02, 2015
- Yamabe Lecture October 28-29, 2015
- Graduate Research Opportunities for Women (GROW) October 24-25, 2015
- 37th Midwest Probability Colloquium October 8-10, 2015
News & Events
The math department has been awarded an NSF RTG grant in geometric analysis. The $2.18M grant will fund research and training of students and postdocs in this field over the next five years.
Eric Zaslow named Board of Lady Managers of the Columbian Exposition Chair for 3 year term.
This endowed chair was created in 1916 out of funds raised at the Women’s Building of the Columbian Exposition of 1893. It recognizes the work of some of the University’s most esteemed faculty, from across the College.
Project NExT (New Experiences in Teaching) is a professional development program for new or recent Ph.D.s in the mathematical sciences.
Eric Zaslow has won this award for his course proposal, quantitative reasoning, which will be developed as part of the Bridge Program.