- Emphasis Year in Probability Theory 2015-16
- Conference on Representation Theory, Integrable Systems and Quantum Fields April 23-24, 2016
- Conference on New Developments in Probability May 6-8, 2016
- Pinsky Lecture Series May 23-26, 2016
- Workshop on Percolation, Spin Glasses and Random Media May 27-29, 2016
- Summer School in Probability Theory July 11-22, 2016
- 38th Midwest Probability Colloquium October 13-15, 2016
- Graduate Research Opportunities for Women (GROW) 2016 October 14-16, 2016
News & Events
Students received department award prizes for outstanding achievement in mathematics. Congratulations to all of our winners!
Paul Goerss Wins Mentoring Award
Department Chair Paul Goerss has won an Award for Excellence in Mentoring Undergraduate Research in the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
Graduate Student Nicole Looper Received Award
Nicole Looper received the Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Award in the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
Silas Johnson and Jason Siefken were awarded the TIMES Teaching Fellowship to support inquiry-oriented teaching in mathematics.
Bryna Kra has been elected as a new member to the American Academy of Arts & Science in the field of Mathematics.