- Emphasis Year in Algebraic Geometry, Number Theory, and Physics 2016-17
- Analytic Methods in Algebraic Geometry Day March 18, 2017
- Analysis on Groups and Measured Group Theory April 3-7, 2017
- Pinksy Lecture Series April 19-21, 2017
- Summer Northwestern Analysis Program - SNAP 2017 July 24-August 11, 2017
News & Events
Condratulations to Valentino Tosatti who was appointed to the 2017 Poincare Chair at the Institute of Henri Poincare.
Mark joined Northwestern in 1968 and became a Professor in 1976. Mark helped found the Midwest Probability Colloquium, which has met every fall since, almost always at Northwestern. Mark was the main organizer and guiding spirit behind the MPC until 2011, his last year before retirement. In 2008 Mark and his wife Joanna endowed the Mark and Joanna Pinsky Distinguished Lecture Series, a yearly event which brings a distinguished mathematician to this department to give talks in important areas of current research.
Congratulations to Laura DeMarco for being honored for her fundamental contributions to complex dynamics, potential theory, and the emerging field of arithmetic dynamics.
Undergraduate Mathematics double-major Eugene Wu was published in a feature interview on his internship at Argonne National Laboratory
The Math Department congratulates Alexandra Bellow and Ben Weinkove on their election as 2017 Fellows of the American Mathematical Society.