R Clark Robinson
Research emphasis has been on such aspects of dynamical systems as structural stability, applications of symbolic dynamics and stable manifold theory to celestial mechanics and Hamiltonian systems, chaotic attractors, and the structure of hyperbolic systems.
- An Introduction to Dynamical Systems: Continuous and Discrete 2nd edition, American Mathematical Society, 2012.
- Dynamical Systems: Stability, Symbolic Dynamics, and Chaos, Second Edition, CRC Press, Boca Raton Florida, 1999.
- Topological decoupling near planar parabolic orbits, Qualitative Theory of Dynamical Systems 130 (2015).
- (with M. Gidea), Diffusion along transition chains of invariant Tori and Aubry-Mather sets, Ergodic Theory and Dynamcial Systems, Available on CJO 2012 doi:1017/S0143385712000363, pp. 1-49.
- Nonsymmetric Lorenz Attractors from a homoclinic bifurcation, SIAM J. Math. Analysis, volume 32 (2000), pages 119-141.
- Structural stability of a C1 dieomorphism, J. Diff. Eqs. 22 (1976), 28-73.
- Structural stability of C1 flows, in Dynamical Systems, Warwick 1974, Lecture Notes in Math. 468, Springer-Verlag (1975), 262-277.