RESEARCH and conferences
- Design a summer research project with a math professor and receive funding from a Northwestern Undergraduate Research Grant or from a WCAS Undergraduate Research Grant
- Research opportunities recommended by the American Math Society: http://www.ams.org/programs/students/emp-reu
- Additional summer REU programs: https://www.nsf.gov/crssprgm/reu/list_result.jsp?unitid=5044
Mathematics Advanced Study Semesters (MASS) Program: http://www.math.psu.edu/mass/
- Department of Mathematics of the Pennsylvania State University runs a yearly semester-long intensive program during the Fall semester of each year for undergraduate students seriously interested in pursuing a career in mathematical sciences. Participants are selected from applicants who will be juniors or seniors in the following academic year (sophomores may be admitted in some cases).
Los Alamos National Lab Undergraduate Student Program: http://www.lanl.gov/careers/career-options/student-internships/undergraduate/
- A program designed for students who know of a particular person at Los Alamos that they would like to intern with. Appointments for undergraduates can be for a summer, part-time, or full-time while still enrolled in their institution.
NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Internships: https://intern.nasa.gov/ossi/web/public/guest/searchOpps/
- Various opportunities in applied mathematics. Interested applicants may search the internship database based on their undergraduate year. Programs can be for a summer, semester, or year.