Taking Mathematics Courses Abroad
- To include mathematics courses in your study abroad curriculum it is essential to plan carefully and to choose an appropriate study abroad program. Contact the Global Learning Office about the availability of mathematics courses in the programs you are considering.
- MATH 300-0 Foundations of Higher Mathematics is good preparation for mathematics courses at universities outside of the United States. Such courses are often very theoretical than and presuppose familiarity with the material in MATH 300-0.
- Combining coursework abroad with coursework at Northwestern to complete a three-quarter mathematics sequence (such as MATH 310-1,2,3 or MATH 320-1,2,3) requires careful planning and is easier if a student is abroad only during the Fall quarter.
Requirements for Mathematics Majors and Minors
Mathematics majors and minors must obtain approval for Study Abroad from the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS).
- Declared mathematics majors and minors can schedule DUS advising appointments using INSPIRE.
- If you have not declared a Mathematics Major or Minor, then schedule an advising appointment by contacting the Undergraduate Program Assistant.
study abroad Opportunities in Mathematics
Back to top