- Summer School 2023 on Dynamical Systems took place June 20–June 30, 2023 on the Evanston campus of Northwestern University. It featured preparatory courses (including courses appropriate for advanced undergraduates) as well as advanced courses. Mini-courses were presented by Alena Erchenko, Mikolaj Fraczyk, Nicholas Miller, Amir Mohammadi, Kurt Vinhage, and Daren Wei. The Summer School 2023 organizers were Nir Avni, Aaron Brown, Osama Khalil, Bryna Kra, and Homin Lee. It was funded primarily through the following NSF grants: DMS-2136217 (RTG: Dynamics: Classical, Modern, and Quantum) and DMS-2020013 (CAREER: Rigidity of Group Actions on Manifolds). Additionally funding was provided by Northwestern University’s Department of Mathematics.
- REU Summer 2023 took place June 20–Aug 11, 2023 on the Northwestern University’s Evanston campus. Mentors for the summer 2023 REU included NU Mathematics faculty members Nir Avni, Aaron Brown, Keith Burns, Solly Coles, Tsachik Gelander, Aaron Peterson, Jeff Xia. This program was made possible by the National Science Foundation and was funded by the RTG Dynamics: Classical, Modern, and Quantum.
MMMM Conference 2023
- This was the first post-pandemic installment of a (usually) biennial meeting on microlocal analysis and quantum dynamics. The meeting was partly supported by Northwestern's NSF RTG in Dynamics.
- MMMM 2023 was held May 20-21, 2023.
- The 2022 Nemmers Prize recipient, Bhargav Bhatt (U-M and Princeton/IAS), visited Northwestern University Mathematics in May 2023. We held a conference for him May 15-19, 2023.
- Click Here for More Details on the 2023 Nemmers Conference
- The Homotopy 2023 conference, in part to honor NU Mathematics faculty member Prof. Paul Goerss and his contributions to the field, was hosted by Northwestern University March 20-24.
- Cli. here for more details
- The Midwest Probability Colloquium has been an annual event for several decades. It brings together a wide-breadth of knowledge in the field of probability.
- NU Math Dept hosted this colloquium on October 20-22, 2022.
- In honor of NU Mathematics faculty member Ezra Getzler’s sixtieth birthday, the conference Homotopical Methods in Geometry and Physics took place March 21–25, 2022 at Northwestern University. It was preceded by a mini-school on Open-Closed Field Theories.
- The Midwest Dynamical Systems Conference is one of the most influential, diverse, and longest running conference series in dynamical systems. This conference series has met uninterruptedly since the early 1970s, and it has received continuous support from the National Science Foundation since 1988.
- NU Math Dept hosted this conference Nov 12-14, 2021
- This May 2019 conference was supported by a combination of funds from the Mathematics Department at Northwestern University, and the National Science Foundation.
- The 'Chicago Action Now!' Conference is a dynamics conference held three times per year that rotates between Northwestern University, the University of Chicago, and the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Graduate Research Opportunities for Women (GROW) is a conference for women-identified students interested in graduate school in the mathematical sciences.
- Archives of GROW Conferences at Northwestern University (2015-2017)